Adding Users and Permissions:
- To add a new NAV user is very easy. A new NAV user allows for a single username with access to the system and is used to specify the permissions that username will be granted.
- First, navigate to the User Card. To access this screen, type ‘Users’ in the search (Ctrl+f3) area or navigate to Departments/Administration/IT Administration/General/Users.
- Once there, click on “New” to create a new user or click “Edit” to modify an existing User Card.
- Below is the User Card. The required fields on the User Card are the Windows User Name and the User Permission Sets. User Setup:
- The User Setup screen is used to further customize a user’s access and permissions allowed in the system. Specific setups can be granted or revoked at the User Setup Screen.
- Navigate to the User Setup screen. To access this screen, type ‘User Setup’ in the search (ctrl+f3) area or navigate to Departments/Administration/Application Setup/Users/User Setup.
- Once there, click “New” which will allow you to add a new user to the User Setup list. Click “Edit” List to modify existing User Setups.
- User personalization is used to select a Profile ID that will alter the look and feel of the software for a specified user. This is often determined by the user’s role in the system.
- Navigate to the User Personalization Card. To access this screen, type ‘User Personalization’ in the search (ctrl+f3) area or navigate to Departments/Administration/Application Setup/Role Tailored Client/User Personalization.
- Once there, click the “New” button to add and assign a profile to a user. Click “Edit” to modify an existing user profile.
- Below is the User Personalization Card. The user ID field specifies the user account that will be affected and the Profile ID is where you can select the profile.
NAV Solutions Architect